ICT Operations Manager
The RFDS has a great opportunity for a hands-on ICT Operations Manager to lead our internal ICT Operations Team based in Jandakot. The ICT Operations Manager ensures secure, responsive and efficient technology related systems and support services are in place for RFDS WO. The role includes but is not limited to engaging with multiple stakeholders to determine and remediate issues whilst safeguarding the integrity, connectivity and security of existing technology stacks and information sources. Expect to be key in formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
- 3 or more years prior leadership experience in a similar role;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across technical and business domains;
- Experience with managing a high performing team of direct reports and managed services;
- Strong technical background across on premise and cloud base IT infrastructure.
- Proven experience maintaining Information Security and Disaster Recovery processes;
- Experience using technology to add value for the business;
- Project Management experience to lead and support IT related projects;
- Demonstrated skills in writing both technical and business documentation inclusive of configurations, procedures, reports and guides;
- Ability to analyse business needs presented by the business and recommend technical solutions
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with suppliers and 3rd party vendors
- Provide input to budget and forecasting processes;
- The ability to work out of normal business hours and travel to regional sites (infrequently) as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- ITIL certification or working knowledge;
- Certification in Microsoft, Citrix, Virtualisation, Cloud, AWS, Networking and Unified Communication technologies;
- Full-time, permanent role
- Attractive salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year tax free and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment, plus novated lease options.
- Novated Lease options
- Hybrid work environment and flexible hours (work from home options available)
- Jandakot based office - the role is mostly office based with some flexibility for hours and occasional work from home
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Its 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.