Health Information Manager
Health Information Manager
1 x part time role Dubbo
1 x part time role Broken Hill
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia South Eastern Section (RFDSSE) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. RFDSSE provides emergency retrieval services inter-hospital road transport, primary and allied health services, dental services, and tele-health services to those living in remote, rural and outback NSW. and travelling in western and far-western New South Wales, south-west Queensland and north eastern South Australia.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service South Eastern Section is seeking 2 part time Health Information Manager based in Dubbo and Broken Hill.
The Health Information Manager (HSM) is responsible for providing support to the Clinical Safety and Quality Manager, Data Manager and Team leaders in the collection, collation and day to day management of health information and data to assist with the review and ongoing improvement of health information management within the Health Service. The position will also support the ongoing systems development and information sharing between local health districts and the RFDS. The role will also play a key role in managing the security and legal use of medical records and health information.
- Holds a tertiary level qualifications in Health Information Management (Health Information Management Association of Australia- HIMAA membership) and well-developed managerial skills and experience related to Health Information Systems.
- Working knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM) and the Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) and the Australian Coding Standards (ACS). Familiar with Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2015 Standards, National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Demonstrated experience in change transformation and management.
- Experience in business process review where required to improve efficiency and experience in the effective management of clinical records flow.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills in interacting effectively with clinical staff, senior managers and external stakeholders, including effective written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
In addition to the skills required, to be successful in applying for the role, the applicants should be able to demonstrate how they will follow the values of trust, care, reliability and safety.
Send your application via email to email@example.com - Please include your current resume and cover letter that addresses the skills required, inclusive of three and referee names and contact details.
Applications Close Tuesday, 24 December 2019
Contact: Nicole O'Neil, Senior Clinical Safety and Quality Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via Mobile: 0418 429 776
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible