Flight Nurse (Midwifery) | Expressions of Interest
Full-time, Part-time and Contract Opportunities Available
“The dynamic and high-risk nature of the work RFDS carries out requires superb teamwork. Intrinsic to this 'extended family' working relationship is the realisation that there are highs and lows along the way” – Croydon retiring Flight Nurse 2020
Careers in Queensland
A career with the RFDS Queensland is unlike any other, and no two days will be the same. That we can guarantee you – just ask Croydon.
If you want to make a real difference to the lives of those - living, working or travelling in rural and regional Queensland, we want you.
About the opportunities
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is saying good bye to some of our beloved friends and colleagues, who are retiring from the service.
Now is your time to join us for a rewarding career while delivering the highest level of care when and where it is most needed.
Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care on a daily basis, and never knowing what adventure or challenge the shift will bring.
As an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to the team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (Can be obtained prior to starting employment).
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus not for profit salary sacrificing benefits, relocation assistance if required and commitment to support your professional development. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties.
Please tell us more about you by applying now. Of if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com
Learn more about the RFDS and our exceptional frontline team, please visit: Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section)
Helpful tip to speed up your application: As part of our process, we need to establish your full-time equivalent experience in a critical care environment. The following employment history information should be clearly documented in your CV:
- Job tittle - level
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Department, facility, location
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
- Nature of Roles: Full-time, part-time or casual. If part-time, provide full-time equivalent (FTE), e.g. FTE 0.25. If casual, how many shifts?
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.