Expression of Interest - Mental Health Professional (Cobar)
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) South Eastern Section is looking to expand its’ Mental Health and Wellbeing services from a newly established Cobar hub. We are seeking expressions of interest from candidates who can offer an evidence-based mental health counselling or psycho-social wellbeing service to individuals, families and/or children.
The role will provide services in Cobar with travel opportunities to Bourke and Nyngan and small communities or station properties within a 2 hour drive radius. This role is under development and we are keen to work with the existing service providers in Cobar to ensure we are value-adding to the health and wellbeing service sector and are filling a needed gap in supportive services. We have existing staff operating from our Cobar Hub and expect this position to work closely and within this team.
• Bachelor in Counselling, Psychology, Nursing, Social Work with experience delivering a mental health focused service; or Aboriginal Health Worker experienced and qualified in delivering mental health and wellbeing counselling;
• Rural and Remote experience;
• Cultural Safety training and service experience;
• Psycho-therapeutic models of care;
• Flexible, person-centred approach, responsive to clients and communities; &
• Innovative wellbeing practices and interests.
To apply, internal applicants are asked to submit an email to email@example.com by Friday 31st January 2020.
For further enquiries please contact Vanessa Latham Mental Health Manager on 0417 030 217.
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.