Endorsed Enrolled Nurses - Non-emergency Patient Transport
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing on non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations via road and air across VIC, NSW and TAS.
Here is your opportunity to start your on-road nursing career with the Flying Doctors! We are excited to announce a number of vacancies across Victoria for qualified and experienced Endorsed Enrolled Nurses who are interested in expanding their careers into the non-emergency patient transport (NEPT) industry. Expressions of interest are now open for Shepparton, Wangaratta, Wodonga, Morwell and Echuca.
With a number of opportunities for progression, RFDS are offering the opportunity to start your career in the patient transport industry and will provide internal training programs to train and assess staff to progress from low to medium patient transfers. This internal training will include clinical up-skilling, safe driver training and the successful completion of clinical placements under the supervision of a Clinical Instructor.
These new positions for Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to work alongside our existing team of Patient Transport Officers, Ambulance Transport Attendants and Registered Nurses within the NEPT industry exist to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders.
***Please note, these casual positions require the ability to work on call, including some weekends. ***
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient handover, assessment and interventions
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
- Present and promote a positive and professional image of the Flying Doctors Victoria
Qualifications, skills, licences and experience:
- Diploma of Nursing
- WWCC and satisfactory Police Check
- Hold a current full Victorian Driver's License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Full immunisation history in accordance with Ambulance Victoria guidelines
- HLTAMB014 (Transporting Patients Under Operational Conditions) preferred
Please see below for a copy of the Position Description which outlines further requirements and training information.
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care. See below for a copy of required immunisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture and offers a flexible working environment. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.