Clinical Governance and Quality Coordinator National
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides comprehensive health care and aeromedical retrieval services to regional, rural and remote communities across Australia.
The RFDS Federation Office is seeking a motivated Clinical Governance and Quality Coordinator to fill a newly created role based in Canberra. Working as part of a small office team you will drive and support coordination of clinical governance, safety and quality throughout the RFDS.
Drawing on extensive previous experience driving, overseeing and supporting significant clinical governance activities, you will be responsible for providing support and coordination from a national level to the 6 RFDS state-based organisations to facilitate achievement and maintenance of relevant safety and quality accreditations, and ensure continuous quality improvement. You will be a leader of clinical governance, responsible for driving coordination of quality care processes across the organisation, supporting the state-based organisations to ensure all RFDS services are delivered at a consistently high quality.
In this role you will work collaboratively with safety and quality managers in RFDS state-based organisations, both individually and collectively, to coordinate and facilitate resources and patient safety and clinical quality systems as related to aeromedical; primary care; medical chests; mental health; dental health; and, clinical education services. You will facilitate compliance with clinical governance principles and thereby support the assurance of safe, evidence based practice that consistently exceeds the requirements of all service standards. You will promote a culture of Continuous Quality Improvement across the RFDS.
You will provide day-to-day support and coordination of clinical governance resources and high-level processes pertaining in particular to safety and quality requirements, and as requested, expert advice on clinical governance and safety and quality accreditations to RFDS state-based organisations, and high level advice through the National Clinical Leadership Committee and CEOs to the Federation Board on clinical governance, quality improvement and patient safety matters.
Download the Position Description Here
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as a degree in a clinical discipline or health management;
- Substantial frontline clinical experience and/or extensive experience in clinical governance;
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge, understanding and commitment to quality and clinical governance;
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the requirements of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards;
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the requirements of RACGP Standards for General Practice;
- Commitment to and understanding of the process of Continuous Quality improvement;
- Demonstrated management experience;
- A proven track record in relationship management with highly developed influencing skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to support clinicians to achieve significant change and improvement in clinical governance;
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and issue specific advice at all levels in relations to clinical governance systems, processes and issues
- Knowledge of and experience with National Standards in Mental Health Services;
- Knowledge of and experience with NSQHS Standards for Dental Practices Services;
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO Standards;
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of rural and remote health service delivery.
A remuneration package, including salary-packaging options commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
Applications addressing the role requirements and criteria outlined above should be submitted to email@example.com
For further information please contact Ms Lauren Gale, (02) 6269 5500
Applications for this role will close on Friday 11 January, 2019