Base Support Officer
We have an opportunity for a Base Support Officer to join us at our Kalgoorlie base on a full-time permanent basis.
This role supports the team by providing coordination of all maintenance works to RFDS properties, managing staff housing and fleet arrangements, and carrying out administrative duties for base staff.
About the role
- Manage all property management requirements for the base including property handovers, inspections, housing agreements, housing availability and acquisitions.
- Arranging accommodation, including the maintenance, cleaning, and furniture for relocating employees.
- Manage preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Ensuring new starters are orientated to the base, town and their accommodation.
- Manage a fleet of leased vehicles.
- Providing administration support to Kalgoorlie staff.
- Ensuring the base is running efficiently by arranging cleaning for the base and fleet, maintaining equipment, maintaining and ordering supplies, and other office management duties.
- Running errands.
- Word processing and filing.
- Manage allocated budgets for maintenance, invoicing and purchase orders.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to support local events and promotion.
- Previous experience working in property management.
- Demonstrated experience building strong working relationships.
- Organised and able to multi-task within critical timeframes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of purchase orders and invoicing.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
- Drivers licence.
- Permanent, full-time
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Novated Lease options
- Located at Kalgoorlie airport
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Our 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.