Area Leader Mobile Patient Care - Wimmera Southern Mallee
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and recently voted Australia's most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.
Reporting to the Head of Operations for VIC/TAS and based within the Wimmera Southern Mallee region, the role of Area Leader exists to provide leadership and support to staff located at each branch in their region.The Area Leader will be required to work closely with the Head of Operations for Mobile Patient Care and will be responsible for managing their teams, improvement processes and supporting a clinical and non-clinical learning environment in a 50% on-road, 50% administration capacity.
The Area Leader will work to ensure effective operational performance from each branch in their region (Horsham, Stawell, Warrnambool and Mildura) and manage staff performance and development while promoting a positive customer and patient-centric culture that aligns to the vision and values of Flying Doctors.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform professional and confidential people management
- Monitor and support staff scheduling and ensuring shifts meet operational needs
- Provide leadership and support to Branch Coordinators
- Assist with interviews, assessment and induction of new staff as required
- Ensure compliance with all clinical and legislative protocols and policies
- Perform on-road NEPT duties within their scope (50% role allocation)
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in managing and leading high performance teams
- Understanding of the operational frameworks of the Non-emergency Patient Transport Industry or similar
- Qualified as either a Patient Transport Officer, Ambulance Attendant, Paramedic or Registered Nurse
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Paramedic or Patient Transport Officer who is looking to take the next step in their career within the non-emergency industry. You will be joining a dedicated team who are passionate about providing high quality health care to people living in regional Victoria.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been searching for please submit a cover letter and resume via the Apply button by COB Friday the 18th of October, 2019.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.