Royal Flying Doctor Service, Dubbo (New South Wales)
Exceptional Professional Satisfaction + Salary + Relocation + Salary Packaging Benefits
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) South Eastern Section has a number of opportunities for Anaesthetic Registrars to join our Dubbo base. Contracts are for a minimum 12month period with intakes occurring February 2021 & August 2021.
Based in Dubbo, with rotations to our Broken Hill base, registrars work across RFDS emergency retrieval, Dubbo Base Hospital Anaesthetic Department, and the new telehealth/retrieval coordination unit (vCare)
The position is for a minimum of 12 months with time divided as operationally required between emergency retrieval, anaesthetic and telehealth/retrieval coordination roles. Dubbo Hospital Anaesthetic department is accredited for 6 months of training with ANZCA with approval for 6 months of training in Pre-hospital and Retrieval Medicine by individual agreement with ANZCA.
● Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
● 12 months anaesthetic experience and at least 6 months Emergency Medicine experience
● Experience in the management of critically ill patients including trauma
● Knowledge of ALS, APLS, ATLS (or equivalents) and modern critical care practice
● Evidence of competency in procedures relevant to critical care and obstetric anaesthesia
● Pre hospital experience
● Experience in regional/rural/remote/telehealth medicine
● Working in high functioning teams
● Australian permanent resident/citizen
● Generous salary and salary sacrificing and annual leave provisions
● Fully furnished housing and relocation expenses
● Two weeks study leave, six weeks annual leave per annum
● Access to regular medical training
● Professional subscription coverage
● Opportunity to work in outback Australia with an iconic organisation providing a valuable service to rural and remote communities
For more information or to apply email your resume, credentials and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS of Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To view members of our Emergency Retrieval team participating in simulator training visit: