Anaesthetic Registrar - August 2020 Intake
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) South Eastern Section has opportunities for Anaesthetic Registrars for our August 2020 intake.
Based in Dubbo, with regular rotations to our Broken Hill base, you will work up to 0.5 FTE in Dubbo Base Hospital Anaesthetics Department and 0.5 Retrieval with RFDS concurrently. Dubbo Base Hospital is accredited with ANZCA for 6 months of training.
Contracts are for a minimum 12-month period which reflects our commitment to you.
All registrars undertake extensive induction at our Dubbo and Broken Hill base. We train and support you to a high standard to help you learn and grow your skills as an anaesthetic and retrieval doctor.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- 12 months (or greater) anaesthetic experience at registrar level
- At least 6 months ED + 6 months ICU experience
- Experience in the management of critically ill patients including trauma
- Knowledge of ALS, APLS, ATLS (or equivalents) and modern critical care practice
- Evidence of competency in procedures relevant to critical care medicine
- Pre hospital experience
- Obstetric experience
- Experience in regional/rural/remote/telehealth medicine
- Cash Salary: $180,544 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Total remuneration (cash and non-cash components): $226,497 per annum plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing provisions
- Fully furnished accommodation provided (at no cost) and relocation expenses reimbursed
- Car allowance, mobile phone and internet provided
- Two weeks’ study leave and six weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Access to regular medical training and a generous study budget for professional development
- Professional subscription coverage
To Apply: Email your CV, cover letter, credentials and details of two referees to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 25th October 2019
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS of Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer