Ambulance Attendants, Paramedics and Registered Nurses - Warrnambool
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.
Flying Doctors Mobile Patient Care are currently accepting applications for casual Ambulance Attendants, Paramedics and RN's to join our team based out of Warrnambool.
RFDS MPC pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality patient care and treatment during the on-road transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. As a recognised leader within the non-emergency transport industry we offer world-class, structured training, opportunities for professional growth and a supportive and inclusive organisational culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment and intervention on-road.
- Provide high quality patient care and treatment during on-road transport.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified as an Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Registered Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse. Please note: recent graduates from Diploma or Bachelor of Paramedicine must have completed 400 supervised, clinical on-road placement hours with an NEPT provider or state Ambulance service to qualify for a role as an Ambulance Attendant. Please see attachment below for more information.
- Must hold a current full Victorian Driver's License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable.
- Hold a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold a current Working With Childrens Check for employment.
- Provide a satisfactory driving history report.
- Full immunisation history in accordance with AV guidelines.
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care. Please see the attachment below for a copy of required immunisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits.
If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role as soon as possible.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.