Accounts Support Officer
We are currently seeking an Accounts Support Officer to join our team at our Jandakot base on an initial six month fixed term, full-time basis. This role requires someone with a keen eye for detail, a varied background and can-do attitude.
About the role
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices
- Creating AP payments
- Raising invoices for Accounts Receivable
- Coding and entry of expense-claims
- Performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and making corrections
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections
- Processing journals
- Set up new debtors and creditors
- Batch payments and invoicing
- Receipt and allocate all payments to correct invoices with a high degree of accuracy
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Perform end of month duties, reconciliations and reporting
- Deal with day-to-day queries from customers
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as assigned
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Accounting Standards, GST and FBT.
- Analytical thinker
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as reporting skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly MS Excel)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience with collection from outstanding debtors
- Experience in the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Experience with finance and payroll systems.
- Experience with TechnologyOne (highly desirable)
- Full-time contract, initially for six months with possibility of extension
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Novated Lease options
- Hybrid work environment and flexible hours (work from home options available)
- Jandakot based office
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Its 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
If you are successful in your application, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.