A further opportunity has arisen for experienced and graduate dentists to join the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tasmania community-based mobile dental team to provide dental care to diverse rural and remote locations across Northern Tasmania.
This role will involve travel to rural communities and we are seeking either a new graduate or an experienced dentist who:
> Can provide input and suggestions to improve the RFDS Tasmania Dental Program;
> Believes in a community-based approach to dental care;
> Is a qualified general dentist in Australia;
> Will provide high quality dental care in accordance with clinical standards and policies;
> Will maintain high standards of infection control and patient records;
> Has strong patient communication skills and will lead a dental team; and
> Is available to work 4-5 days per week.
We are offering the successful candidate:
> A fixed term contract linked to a Commonwealth funded contract;
> Rewarding and varied work;
> The back-up of a close knit and supportive team; and
> Attractive remuneration package together with the opportunity to access salary packaging arrangements.
This service is a vital link to bringing high quality oral health care to our rural population. This role requires you to hold the highest standard of patient care and the ability to manage a diverse clinical environment.
The Dentist provides clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a rural and remote community dental care setting. The Dentist supervises the dental Therapist and Assistants ensuring the quality of care and program aims are reinforced.
Manager, Mobile Dental CarePosition Tasks and Responsibilities
- Examine patients, diagnose dental conditions and carry out treatment or direct others to provide treatment for eligible clients in accordance with scope of practice outlined by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency;
- Ensure that infection control protocols and practices are applied adequately and efficiently;
- Keep all clinical records accurate and consistent with statutory requirements of the Dental Board;
- Actively initiate and participate in quality improvement initiatives;
- Deliver one-on-one sessions, small group education and dental promotion programs;
- Train, mentor and direct dental assisting staff;
- Adhere to compliance legislation and work within operational guidelines and policies;
- Maintain client confidentiality;
- Manage and report of all clinical incidents;
- Ensure a safe working environment by complying with relevant work health and safety legislation, policies and procedures; and
- Prepared to undergo further training and development as required.
> Community Groups
> Health Agencies
> RFDS Dental Assistants
> RFDS Specialist Dental Consultant
> RFDS Manager - Mobile Dental Care
Budget: To be advised
Direct reports: Dental Assistants, Dental Therapist
1. Minimum five years' experience in a community based dental structure;
2. Demonstrated clear understanding of the scope of practice principles as described by the Dental Board of Australia;
3. Knowledge of current NHMRC Infection control guidelines;
4. A strong work ethic and genuine enthusiasm to achieve a quality service and the best outcomes for our clients;
5. Ability to communicate and present information in a clear and concise way;
6. Well-developed interpersonal skills including active listening to other points of view and the ability to receive and deliver constructive feed-back; and
7. Ability to manage train and mentor staff to produce a pleasant team environment and a positive work culture.
It is an essential requirement that the registrations and licences required by this position must remain current and valid at all times. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure that registrations and licences remain current.
> Registration with the Dental Board of Australia;
> Tasmanian Drivers Licence;
> Current National Police and working with Vulnerable people check (updated on a yearly basis);
> Flexible Hours - willing to work night and weekends as required; and
> Travel within Tasmania, that may include over night, will be required.
Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
Applications close on Tuesday 13 June, 2017.
All applications must address the selection criteria listed in the Position Description.
For enquiries please contact Nicole Henty at the Royal Flying Doctor Service on 03 6779 1480 or 0419 423 726.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices and the principals of Cultural Diversity. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks will be conducted for all positions.