Flight Nurse (Midwifery) | Full Time | Bundaberg
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About the role;
- Full Time – Maximum Term of 12 months.
- Bundaberg Base
- Comprehensive orientation & training
- Extensive support form experienced team
This busy aeromedical base flies thousands of patients to emergency care from around the Bundaberg, Wide Bay and Central Queensland region. Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills, patient care while enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience (full-time equivalent) in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (Can be obtained prior to starting employment).
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture
- Motivated to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Why join us?
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland you’ll see work and life like never before. We also offer;
- Comprehensive orientation program provided prior to the commencement of duties.
- Attractive remuneration package + not for profit salary sacrificing benefits
- commitment to support your professional development
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number "RFDS479 ".
If you would like any further information, please contact Robyn Langton on 07 4131 3000.
Please note: As part of our process, we need to establish your full-time equivalent experience in a critical care environment. The following employment history information should be clearly documented in your CV:
- Job Title – Level
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Department, Facility, Location
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
- Nature of Roles: Full-time, part-time or casual. If part-time, provide (FTE), e.g. FTE 0.25. If casual, how many shifts?
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card.
You will be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.