Project Officer - Broken Hill
Project Officer - Broken Hill
We are seeking a motivated individual to help the Property and Projects team deliver significant projects in Broken Hill over the next two years
- Building & Construction
- Contract or Temp
- Salary packaging increasing your take home pay by 5%-10%
- Help transform the RFDS into the next chapter
- Fantastic opportunity - 2 Year Contract
2 Year Contract
Are you solution orientated and able to take on multiple tasks? Would you like to help support an iconic organisation deliver on their capital facility and fleet programs?
We are seeking a motivated individual to help the Property and Projects team deliver significant capital projects in Broken Hill over the next two years.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
Supporting the Project and Property Manager on the ground in Broken Hill, this role will see you providing project management support, site control and support activities which contribute to the development of the next chapter of the RFDS. We are looking for flexible, self-directed, and resilient people to support the Manager Property and Projects deliver the capital and maintenance programs for the operations for Broken Hill. Primarily working on the capital program you will be adaptable, friendly and able to work with multiple stakeholders.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Project management support, providing input into schedules and controls,
- Site management including WH&S inductions and compliance.
- Provide administration support, project reporting, minute taking and document management.
- Provide contract support through purchase orders, accounts payable and monitoring budget.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Salary packaging increasing your take home pay by 5-10%
- Novated leasing and other salary sacrifice options
- Apply your knowledge and experience to help transform Australia’s Most Trust Charity
- Project support qualification or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience or solid understanding in coordinating project activities and tasks, ensuring they are executed on time and act as a point of contact for project enquiries.
- Self-direct daily activities, ability to prioritise work tasks, identify project risks and escalate as required.
- Understanding of project methodology and tools, particularly as they relate to construction project delivery environments.
- Support financial management of Project/Program of update the project financials forecasts, raising purchase requisitions and arranging payment of accounts.
- Proactively update the project risks, issues, dependencies and change requests for schedule/budget.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, share knowledge and work co-operatively to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the following applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project, or similar.
- Must hold a current drivers licence and working with children check
- Be eligible to attain an ASIC card
- Experience with stakeholder engagement across a broad spectrum, from frontline staff to senior level
- Evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination
Our Values of Reliability, Care, Trust and Safety shape the way we work as individuals, as team members and with the communities we serve.
For more information or a confidential chat please reach out to Paula Ramien – Project and Property Manager – email@example.com or phone 0457 312 618
Don’t delay apply now! The RFDSSE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS (South Eastern Section) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.