Senior Mental Health Clinician
Senior Mental Health Clinician
Provide vital mental health services to remote communities in and around Longreach, supporting the wellbeing of Queenslanders.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Join a proud and passionate team!
- Fly in and Fly out position available - 12 days on 9 days off
- Work independently but enjoy the benefits of a supportive team
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) is looking for a self-motivated, versatile, and experienced Senior Mental Health Clinician to join our Central West and Outback Mental Health Team to provide services to regional and remote patients.
You have strong values and a great ability to build trust-based relationships with those around you. In addition to your advanced people and communication skills, you are an independent worker, passionate about delivering quality mental health services to people living in remote areas.
You will be highly skilled in empowering others, knowledgeable on issues impacting rural and remote populations and a team player. We are looking for a creative Clinician that meets the following criteria;
- Registration with AHPRA or membership of the AASW
- Qualification in Psychology, Social Work (Accredited with AASW), Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing (Suitable for Mental Health credentialing)
- Post-graduate experience in a relevant clinical field
- Demonstrated experience in brief interventions, therapeutic counselling and mental health education
Since 2004 the RFDS (Queensland Section), has been providing mental health support to people in Longreach and surrounding communities. The service operates on a hub and spoke basis with the RFDS Longreach office being the primary base for clinicians providing services in surrounding communities. The Team is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of clinicians with qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Nursing and Occupational Therapy. The Longreach Base provides services such as– psychological therapies, counselling services and mental health and wellbeing education and promotion.
Why Join the RFDS Central West and Outback Mental Health Team?
Working in the heart of the Queensland Outback will provide you with experiences unlike that of the hustle and bustle of the city. You will enjoy wide open spaces, and beautiful horizons and never be caught in traffic. You’ll make a difference in people’s everyday lives by delivering essential services in a welcoming community. The following benefits will also be provided to you by joining the RFDS;
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Up to 110K base salary + superannuation
- Access generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- We provide extensive and supportive training and development programs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
- Access to a full allocation of a newly launched uniform range at no cost
- Commitment to support your professional development- paid study leave
If you would like any further information, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com or call 07 3852 7553. Alternatively, please contact the Manager of Central West and Outback Mental Health Dr Tim Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a police check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence. Prior to the appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process.
Royal Flying Doctor Service acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the Traditional Custodians of the land. The RFDS is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of healthcare. We embrace diversity and welcome all people irrespective of faith, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.