B1 AME and LAME - Broken Hill NSW
B1 AME and LAME - Broken Hill NSW
Are you a B1 AME or LAME wanting a change in lifestyle to live in a beautiful country region of NSW?
- Permanent / Full Time
- Licence type training for the right candidate
- Employment incentive considered for the appropriate candidate
- Maintain aircraft in an amazing, well equipped hangar
The RFDS South Eastern Section is seeking applications from suitably qualified Mechanical (B1) Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) and Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME) to conduct maintenance on our King Air aircraft with the Aircraft Maintenance Team based at Broken Hill in regional NSW.
As a key member of the Broken Hill Engineering base, you will have the ability to work for a world renowned iconic aeromedical organisation that has been operating for 95 years and be part of a team of dedicated professionals who provide a service that is the rival of many organisations. Reporting to the Senior Base Engineer, this role will be responsible for coordinating and performing all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on our aircraft.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all maintenance on aircraft is carried out in accordance with the system of certification
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out to the highest standards of safety and quality
- Managing the timely completion of maintenance and engineering activities
- Carrying out maintenance of aircraft components
- Supervising unlicensed engineers, apprentices and/or contractors as and when required
- Completing maintenance documentation correctly
- Maintaining RFDS aircraft within the scope of all licencing requirements, maintenance control and maintenance procedures manuals
- Adhering to practical steps to ensure safe practices in the workplace, identifying hazards and using the RFDS Safety Management System
- Maintaining personal tools and toolboxes in accordance with RFDS’ Maintenance Procedures Manual
- Experience working as a mechanical AME and preferably have a B1 AME licence
- Ideally you will have Kingair B200 and/or B300 ratings and experience or have the ability to obtain such ratings with company provided type training
- Proven problem-solving skills, particularly when under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively implement and manage change
- Commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement principles
- Evidence of Full COVID19 Vaccination
- Generous salary packaging increasing your take home pay by 5-10%
- Novated leasing and other salary sacrifice options
- Relocation expenses reimbursed in accordance with company policies
- Fantastic Regional NSW lifestyle
The legendary outback city of Broken Hill is rich with history, a vibrant artistic community and cast of colourful characters. Discover amazing galleries, famous sculptures, cool cafes, palatial federation heritage and towering mining landmarks in Australia’s first heritage-listed city.
For more information or a confidential chat please reach out to Ashley Laybutt - Engineering Manager -email@example.com 0409 548 614
Our Values: Our Values of Reliability, Care, Trust and Safety form shape the way we work as individuals, as team members and with the communities we serve.
Do you have the same values and want to be part of a dynamic team?
The RFDSSE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS of Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.