Mental Health Nurse (MHNIP)
Mental Health Nurse (MHNIP)
Based at the RFDS Broken Hill Wellbeing Place this role will deliver clinical services in the Broken Hill community
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Contract or Temp
- Are you a nurse or mental health professional looking for a change?
- Provide therapeutic services to clients with chronic mental illness
- Live and work in a community who will embrace you
Located in Broken HillThis role will meet the needs of the Mental Health Nurse in Practice (MHNIP) contract awarded to the RFDSSE by the Western NSW Primary Health Network.
This position will provide a coordinated clinical-care and therapeutic service to clients living with a chronic mental illness in Broken Hill. MHNIP is a very flexible program, allowing the consumer to receive the services they need where, when and for as long as they need. This is particularly important for people with more severe mental health problems. The program is designed to cater for the episodic nature of some mental illnesses, operating successfully as part of a Stepped Care Approach. The MHNIP is typically delivered by Credentialed Mental Health Nurses (CMHN) or candidate working towards Credentialing (or equivalent).
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the person’s General Practitioner and/or Psychiatrist, to inform, manage, monitor and review the needs of consumers with chronic mental illness. The candidate will facilitate a recovery-oriented service in keeping with the current (MHNIP) guidelines. In practice, the role will deliver a mix of therapy and case management in line with client needs.
This role will be based at the RFDSSE Broken Hill Wellbeing Place and will deliver clinical services in the Broken Hill community. The Wellbeing Place is a calming, safe space for the community with a great mix of arts, wellness, social and clinical treatment services. You will join a wonderful team of approximately 15 FTE, a mix of clinical and community engagement / health promotion roles, peer work and administrative staff.
Qualifications & Experience that are essential:
- Credentialed Mental Health Nurse (with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses ACMHN) (or ability to work towards) registered with AHPRA
- Postgraduate experience of at least three years as a mental health nurse in a clinical role.
- Post graduate qualifications in relevant mental health treatment area;
- Experience delivering clinical supervision;
- Significant experience or demonstrated understanding, working in rural / remote / population health;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Experience working with rural/remote clients in pastoral settings;
- Experience working with families, couples and groups.
For more information about the Mental Health Professional position: Please contact Kayelene Crossing on 0436 634 647 or Kayelene.Crossing@rfdsse.org.au
To apply: Apply online at our website www.flyingdoctor.org.au/careers, please include your Cover Letter and CV along with copies of your qualifications and details of two referees.
Our Values of Reliability, Care, Trust and Safety shape the way we work as individuals, as team members and with the communities we serve.
The RFDS (South Eastern Section) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability.
RFDSSE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.