Medical Officer - Aeromedical
Medical Officer - Aeromedical
RFDS is seeking skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in retrieval medicine.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Practitioner
- Provide emergency retrievals and inter-facility transfers
- Multiple Part-time positions available
- Join the iconic RFDS in Queensland!
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) are leaders in providing access to aeromedical and primary health care services to people in rural, remote, and regional locations.
We are currently seeking doctors who are interested in aeromedical retrieval and telehealth careers.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner
- Fellowship of ACEM, ACRRM, ANZCA or CICM (Senior Registrars are encouraged to apply)
- Sufficient experience in critical care medicine to meet credentialing requirements with QLD Health (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Intensive Care and Paediatrics).
- Previous experience in Aeromedical Retrieval is ideal but is not a requirement.
- Charleville & Mount Isa locations
- Part time roles on 12-month contracts (with the opportunity to extend)
- Casual roles available
- Fly in and fly out options available
- Travel time included in shift count
- 3 days/ 3 nights, travel & admin
- 4-week roster (0.5 FTE), 8-week roster (0.25 FTE)
- Work as part of the RFDS multi-disciplinary team with a RFDS Flight Nurse & Pilot to perform primary evacuations and inter-facility transfers
- Liaise with Retrieval Services Queensland (RSQ), Duty Tasking Officers and referring/receiving facilities to coordinate aeromedical retrievals.
- Conduct handovers to care providers
- Provide telehealth consultations (utilising telephone, videoconference, email)
- Provide advice to nurses and other health professionals- as required
- Participate in quality improvement activities such as clinical audits and case reviews
We value our people, and we are passionate about making a difference for people who live, work and travel in remote, rural, and regional Australia. By joining the RFDS, you will have access to the following:
- Attractive remuneration package- rewarding additional qualifications and years of experience (290K - 375K pro rata)
- Salary packaging- $18, 500 + Super (in addition to remuneration package)
- Flights and Accommodation + FIFO Allowances (23k pro rata) (Charleville and Mount Isa) OR
- Relocation allowances + Remote area allowances of up to 50K (where applicable)
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation, training and development programs
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Commitment to support your own professional development- paid study leave + annual professional development provision
- Employee Assistance Program Advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on: 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health and RSQ for the purposes of assessing suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates may be subject to a pre-employment medical assessment and will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian driver's licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, To