Medical Education Lead - Primary Health Care
Medical Education Lead - Primary Health Care
The Medical Education Lead - Primary Health Care, develops, facilitates, and evaluates education programs for medical staff to meet RFDS objectives.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Practitioner
- Permanent / Full Time
- Exciting opportunity to join the iconic RFDS (Queensland Section)
- Support better health outcomes for those that live in the bush & on the coast
- Salary up to 310K + Super + Package +Professional development allowance
Full Job Description
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland Section) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Medical Officer to join our team as the Medical Education Lead – Primary Health Care.
This role reports to the State Primary Health Care Lead, and would ideally be based in Cairns, however, other locations will be considered. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity comprising of the Education Lead role at 0.5FTE and a clinical component at 0.5FTE. A part-time opportunity may be considered, with 0.5 FTE Education Lead and 0.25 FTE clinical component.
The Medical Education Lead – Primary Health Care develops, facilitates, and evaluates education programs for medical staff to ensure they have the right skills and competencies necessary to meet RFDS strategic and operational objectives.
As the Medical Education Lead – Primary Health Care, you will:
- Demonstrate clinical leadership through the provision of contemporary medical education programs
- Develop and implement evaluation tools to measure the success of education programs
- Ensure education is delivered within budget
- Identify education opportunities for medical staff as an outcome of regular case reviews and incident learnings
- Contribute to Medical Officer orientation programs
- Maintain currency of medical staff training records
- Support the development of policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to medical education
- Provide supervision and conduct workplace based assessments for general practice registrars
- Fellowship of RACGP or ACRRM and 3-5 years’ experience in Primary Health Care
- Eligibility to act as a supervisor for registrars training towards FACRRM, FRACGP or FARGP fellowships
- Demonstrated experience designing, delivering, and implementing education programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary educational strategies, tools, and approaches
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of both group and individual learning
- Demonstrated experience in conducting competency assessments
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and mentoring registrars and junior medical officers
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout Queensland for the purposes of delivering education
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs
- We offer an attractive base salary of 163,291.44-318,915.75 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and years post-fellowship
- We offer additional salary packaging of up to $18,500 to increase your take-home pay
- We support professional development with 16 days paid study leave + professional development allowance of $10,000 (pro rata)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment at 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact State Lead- Primary Health Care, Dr Michelle Hannan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on the 16th June 2023, however, shortlisting may commence prior to the closing date.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Before appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process and may need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are a successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.