Support the RFDS Fleet in service of the people of QLD, by ensuring defects and aircraft scheduled maintenance events are covered throughout the state
- Permanent / Full Time
- Competitive salary & access to tax free benefits up to $18,550
- Permanent Full-time position based in Cairns
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team!
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager, the B2 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) is responsible for supporting the 24/7 Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Queensland Section operation by ensuring aircraft scheduled maintenance and fleet AOG defects are covered throughout QLD. This role is essential to RFDS Queensland meeting expected “on-time performance” (OTP) with minimal impact on aircraft shift availability due to technical defects. This helps minimise Direct Maintenance Costs (DMCs) and ensures safe, compliant operational performance of the RFDS Fleet in service of the people of QLD.
- Cairns Base
- Permanent Full Time
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Conduct weekly scheduled aircraft Base maintenance checks promptly without impact on aircraft network availability
- Conduct troubleshooting and rectification of any line defects arising daily during flight operations for all aircraft
- Conduct all scheduled and corrective maintenance meeting expected OTP without impact on the aircraft network
- Compliance with all Occupational, Health, Safety & Welfare and quality and compliance obligations
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years of aircraft maintenance experience on RFDS QLD aircraft i.e.- Beechcraft King Air
- Proven experience with current RFDS aircraft avionics platforms: Collins Pro Line 21 and fusion
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to pick up new computer applications.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in relation to Aircraft Maintenance
- Availability for AOG call out after hours and weekends for fleet defect rectification Queensland wide
- Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) Licence
- Trade Certificate or equivalent
- Maintenance control experience
- Supply chain management experience
- Attractive Remuneration package; Base + Super + Salary Packaging
- Salary packaging of $18, 500 increasing your take-home pay
- Opportunity to be a part of an iconic team
- Be an integral team member by supporting those who make a real impact in Queensland
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Comprehensive orientation and training from our supportive, highly skilled, multidisciplinary team.
- Private health discounts
- Employee Assistance Program- for staff and their families
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the world's largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities.
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience that highlights your suitability for this opportunity. For further information please contact email@example.com
This role will close on the 29th of March 2023 however, shortlisting may begin before this point.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history check, may require a pre-employment medical and will require to be eligible to receive and maintain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC). Flexible working hours (including work outside or core business hours) may be required.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.