Senior Mental Health Clinician
Senior Mental Health Clinician
Support communities in and around Mount Isa with essential mental health services. Make a difference to the wellbeing of Queenslanders!
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance while working full-time over 8 days per FN
- Fly with our team of Medical Officers & Nurses to surrounding communities
- Weekly allowances on top of your salary to assist in rent or mortgage payments
Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) is seeking a Senior Mental Health Clinician with exceptional personal drive and comprehensive counselling skills to join the Mental Health and Wellbeing Service to provide drought and remote wellness services to regional patients.
You will be a proactive Clinician who demonstrates a collaborative working style with the ability to build relationships with client groups, the community and other healthcare professionals. In addition to your innovative thinking, you are a highly skilled communicator, autonomous worker and passionate about supporting mental health and well-being services to people living in remote areas.
You will be highly skilled in empowering others, knowledgeable on issues impacting rural and remote populations and a team player. We are looking for a creative Clinician that meets the following criteria;
- Registration with AHPRA or membership of the AASW
- Qualification in Psychology, Social Work (Accredited with AASW), Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing (Suitable for Mental Health credentialing)
- Post-graduate experience in a relevant clinical field
- Demonstrated experience in brief interventions, and therapeutic counselling with patients across the lifespan
- Demonstrated experience and respectful understanding of cultural diversity including traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander views of health and wellness
This position located in Mount Isa is a full-time role working 8 shifts per fortnight. Initially, this role will be offered as a maximum term contract of 12 months.
Are you an adventurous clinician looking to mix it up?
Then this role will suit you! A typical day would consist of flying with our team of Medical Officers, Primary Health Care Nurses, and our first-class pilot to the surrounding communities we serve. Depending on the day, you may fly up to Burketown or Gregory Downs or down to Boulia or Bedourie to support local communities amongst other communities.
Live in Outback Queensland!
Nestled among the ochre-red Selwyn Ranges, Mount Isa is a bustling melting pot of culture and industry being home to the southern hemisphere’s largest rodeo! Mount Isa has ample places to fish, camp or relax and enjoy an outback sunset. The rugged terrain is a four-wheel driver’s haven, and you can explore the region just as the pioneers of the region did many years ago. The twin jewels in Mount Isa’s crown are the spectacular Lawn Hill Gorge in Boodjamulla National Park and the neighbouring, world heritage-listed Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
RFDS will provide you with generous weekly allowances on top of your salary to help with your mortgage or rent so you can settle and stay in this beautiful region.
Why Join the RFDS Mental Health and Wellbeing Service?
You will have experiences unlike those in the hustle and bustle of cities working in an "oasis of the outback". You will enjoy wide open spaces, and beautiful horizons and never be caught in traffic. You’ll make a difference in people’s everyday lives by delivering essential services in a welcoming community. The following benefits will also be provided to you by joining the RFDS;
- Attractive remuneration packages + Super
- Salary packaging of $18,500 increasing your take-home pay
- Remote Area Package- Generous Weekly Rent/ Mortgage Assistance + Gratuity
- Training and development opportunities with paid study leave
- A great sense of community spirit by joining our proud and passionate team
- Employee Assistance Program- advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
- Private health insurance discounts
If you would like any further information, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3852 7553. Alternatively, please contact the Manager of Central West and Outback Mental Health Dr Tim Driscoll at email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a police check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence. Before the appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases. You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds