Medical Lead, Primary Health Care (Mount Isa)
Medical Lead, Primary Health Care (Mount Isa)
Provide leadership, support & guidance to Medical Officers & ensure the safe & efficient delivery of PHC services.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Specialist
- Permanent / Full Time
- Relocation & attractive incentives to live in or FIFO options available
- Provide the finest care, in the furthest corner
- Commitment to professional development with extra leave provisions + allowances
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland Section) is seeking an experienced and dedicated Medical Officer- Primary Health Care to Lead the Mount Isa Primary Health Care Team. This role is a permanent, part-time opportunity with a leadership component (0.25 FTE) and a clinical component (0.25 - 0.75 FTE). We are open to discussions of either living in Mount Isa (attracting large allowances) or a fly in fly out arrangement.
The RFDS is committed to providing excellence in Primary Health Care (PHC) and Aeromedical services across QLD. With our vision, we aim to improve the health of people in remote, rural and regional QLD. PHC is one of our most vital services, accounting for up two-thirds of our daily operations.
We are looking for a Medical Lead who is passionate about the critical role they play in keeping people healthy, providing proactive care and promoting good health. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in communities where RFDS is often the only provider of healthcare. Whether you fly down to Urandangi or Boulia, or up to Gregory and Burketown, your days will never be the same. Whilst in the communities you will deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services
- Child and family health services
- Women’s health services
- Chronic disease care and support
As an integral part of our Leadership team, you will;
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to Medical Officers
- Lead workforce planning and recruitment of Medical Officers for Mount Isa Base
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders relevant to Primary Health Care at a local level
- Engage with clinical governance processes and ensure compliance
- Explore ways to expand and enhance Primary Health Care services, contributing to strategic direction and strategy development within the PHC stream
- Manage local Primary Health Care medical resources within the approved budget
RFDS Medical Leads will have the following essential skills;
- AHPRA Registration as a Specialist Medical Practitioner in General Practice
- Fellowship of RACGP or ACRRM
- Well-developed management skills including demonstrated skills in leadership and decision making
- Ability to meet Medical Officer credentialing requirements and maintain own clinical practice in a Primary Health Care environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement change
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary medical practice in the PHC environment
- Demonstrated skills in analytical and innovative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to operational planning
- A Respectful understanding of cultural diversity including traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander views of health
Why join us?
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs
- We offer an attractive base salary of $253,265 - $318,915 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and years post-fellowship
- You will receive a leadership allowance of $18,881
- We provide a relocation allowance to assist you in travelling and moving to Mount Isa
- You will be entitled to a Remote Area Package of $50,117 per year if living in Mount Isa, OR a FIFO allowance of up to $23,601 (pro rata)
- We offer additional salary packaging of up to $18,500 to increase your take-home pay
- We support professional development with 16 days paid study leave + professional development allowance of $10,000 (pro rata)
- We provide six weeks of annual leave (pro rata)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment at 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com or State Lead- Primary Health Care, Dr Michelle Hannan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Before appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process and may need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are a successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.