Senior Mental Health Clinician
Senior Mental Health Clinician
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Mental Health Clinician to join the RFDS (Queensland Section), as part of our Cairns based team.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Join a proud and passionate team improving the health of the people of QLD
- Access to generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- Experience working in a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) are seeking a Senior Mental Health Clinician who has the desire to work in remote Indigenous communities and the experience and confidence to work independently. You will embrace the community members and the work whilst collaborating with other service providers to create a supportive network. We have the following opportunity available:
- Full-time, maximum term contract until June 30, 2023, with promising opportunity to extend
- Based in Cairns. FIFO to Cape York communities
- 8 shifts per fortnight with 4 Days (week 1) and 3 days (week 2) in community.
- 1 admin day per fortnight at Cairns Base
- Develop and deliver culturally appropriate holistic services
- Deliver services on an individual, family, and community level.
- Provide a range of evidence-based clinical interventions
- Undertake complex holistic clinical assessments
- Conduct regular case reviews
- Collaborate effectively with interagency networks
We are looking for creative Clinician that possesses the following:
- Registration with AHPRA or membership of the AASW
- Qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing
- Social Workers need to be accredited mental health social workers through AASW, mental health nurses need to be credentialed with ACMHN.
- Post-graduate experience of at least 5 years in a relevant clinical field for a senior role.
- Experience providing clinical supervision and/or leadership to a clinical team (desirable) for a senior role.
- Demonstrated experience in brief interventions, therapeutic counselling, case management, and mental health education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within remote communities
- Understanding of issues impacting Indigenous health and wellbeing
- Ability to work autonomously
Known as the gateway to the incredible Great Barrier Reef, Cairns is uniquely positioned to offer you the perfect work-life balance. Boasting a warm tropical climate, spectacular beaches and surrounding National Parks. The local area provides highly developed infrastructure, including an International Airport, prestigious private schools, and an impressive alfresco scene.
Why work for us?
In return for your skills, energy, and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. Every day, you will with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You will use the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference in people’s everyday lives and delivering essential mental health services. In addition, we provide;
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Up to 105K base salary + superannuation + not-for-profit benefit allocation
- Access generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- We provide extensive and supportive training and development programs
- Additional company superannuation contribution program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
- Access to a full allocation of a newly launched uniform range at no cost
- Meal and Accommodation allowances
- Commitment to support your professional development- paid study leave
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) has provided Mental Health services across difficult-to-access parts of Queensland since 2000. Our service provides culturally appropriate, evidence-based, psychological therapies to individuals who present with mild to moderate mental health needs.
Comprising of mental health nurses, social workers, and psychologists, our Far North team works alongside many key stakeholders using a Stepped Care approach. Our clinicians are specifically trained and available for individuals to engage in therapeutic sessions to explore solutions and strategies to assist in recovery. The Far North services are delivered in a variety of ways to meet the needs of each specific community, examples of service delivery include; individual and group sessions, couple sessions, mental health-focused workshops, outreach services, and supporting community events.
For further information please contact Jos Middleton, Manager - Far North Mental Health Ph: 0409 154 477 or JMiddleton@rfdsqld.com.au or to request a copy of the PD please reach out to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 3rd of February 2023 however; shortlisting may begin before this date.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Check and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are a successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
Non-AHPRA registered professionals will need to obtain a Blue Card before commencement.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.