The Operations Officer assists the Flight Operations team with aviation specific technical matters for the Royal Flying Doctor Service QLD!
- Transport / Logistics / Drivers
- Permanent / Full Time
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team
- Access to generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- Permanent, Full time role with a Brisbane Airport location
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) are actively seeking an experienced Operations Officer to join the team in Brisbane in a permanent full-time capacity.
The Operations Officer is responsible providing support to the Flight Operations department in the development and maintenance of technical processes and systems in day of operations and strategic projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise between the company and the aircraft manufacturer on technical matters and issues
- Manage and maintain fleet specific performance data, software, and manuals
- Maintain aircraft technical data relevant to flight operations
- Manage the promulgation of relevant aerodrome, operational and navigation documentation to pilots
- Administer the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) application and content
- Undertaking specialist projects and aviation administration as required.
- Support operations by managing professional communications, tracking data and managing records.
- Compile data and prepare aviation operations and safety reports.
You will be able to work in small teams, be agile in your approach, dedicated to the job and focused on the task at hand.
- Strong experience in flight technical operations
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) administration
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of aircraft performance and weight and balance
- Ability to hold Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation. In addition, we offer;
- Attractive Remuneration +Super
- Salary packaging up $18, 550 increasing your take home pay
- Comprehensive and supportive orientation program from our highly skilled team
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Access to a full allocation of a newly launched uniform range at no cost
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service team
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
Through this crucial role enabling the RFDS Pilots, Doctors and Nurses to perform, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts have supported our work in helping people in Queensland communities.
If this role sounds like it could be the right fit for you, we would love for you to join us! Please apply to be considered or for further information regarding this role please contact RFDS Talent Acquisition on 07 3852 7562 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities and manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and will be required to obtain an ASIC card.