Fundraising Events Specialist
Fundraising Events Specialist
Lead peer-to-peer and community fundraising initiatives to diversify and grow fundraising income for the RFDS (Queensland Section).
- Volunteer / Charity / Community
- Innovative full-time role offering flexible working arrangements
- Attractive salary + superannuation + salary packaging of up to $18,550
- Work with a ten-time winner of the "Most Reputable" charity in Australia
With a clearly defined Fundraising growth strategy, we have an exciting newly created opportunity for a Fundraising Events Specialist within our growing Fundraising and Philanthropy team.
The Fundraising Events Specialist requires a candidate comfortable driving strategic campaign development, overseeing and managing tactical day-to-day campaign deliverables, and successfully collaborating across teams and functions to enhance supporter engagement and life-time value.
This position promises a satisfying mix of strategy, creativity, analysis and thinking on your feet for someone willing to make a real difference to people who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
Located in Brisbane, the Fundraising Events Specialist has a flexible work arrangement and is a full-time position.
- Lead the development of a robust peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraising and community fundraising strategy
- Develop and grow the new P2P fundraising campaign by acquiring supporters and donors
- Lead strategic projects to increase the growth, efficiency and optimisation of our existing fundraising activities
- Provide the highest standard of stewardship to existing donors and supporters
- Maintain successful interpersonal relationships with campaign prospects, donors, staff and stakeholders
Who we are looking for?
You will be an outcomes-focused and strategic self-starter, and possess:
- Minimum of a University degree in the relevant study area
- Significant fundraising credentials with a proven track record of achieving strategic and operational objectives
- Practical experience in the development, management and implementation of fundraising programs and projects
- Strong understanding of wider fundraising methodologies and best practice
- Strong commercial acumen and financial analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels of the business
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise, and manage simultaneous projects
Why work for us
- Attractive salary + superannuation + salary packaging of up to $18,550 increasing your take-home pay
- Exciting new opportunity to play a key role in a growing team
- Making a real impact in supporting the delivery of healthcare in Queensland
- Become part of the 2020 FIA Australian Fundraising Team of the Year
- Comprehensive and supportive orientation program
- Employee Assistance Program; advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition and financial)
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
The RFDS is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, the RFDS Queensland Section delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
As a charity, the RFDS relies heavily on the generosity of the community and corporate partnerships to continue providing vital emergency medical and primary healthcare work in remote and rural Australia. RFDS is a ten-time winner of the “Most Reputable’ charity in Australia.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) Fundraising and Philanthropy Team are an award-winning team of professionals who are the recipients of the 2020 FIA Fundraising Team of the Year.
The team is currently delivering the 20-28 Fundraising and Philanthropy Growth Strategy, with this role a key driver of success.
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience highlighting your suitability for this opportunity.
This role will close on the 5th December 2022 however, shortlisting will commence before the end date so don’t delay in applying!
For further information regarding this role please contact RFDS Talent Acquisition Advisor, Yasmine Haimes at email@example.com or phone 0407 626 498.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, be subject to criminal history check and may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment. There will be a requirement to undertake intrastate travel for this role and a current, unrestricted driver’s licence and an ASIC (Aviation Security ID Card) are essential.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.