The RFDS Aircrew Mentoring Program (RAMP) is a development pathway to advance your career to become the next Aeromedical Pilot!
- Transport / Logistics / Drivers
- Permanent / Full Time
- Gain invaluable experience flying with RFDS Pilots
- Operate a modern fleet of Beechcraft B200 and B350 turboprop aircraft
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team!
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The RFDS Aircrew Mentoring Program (RAMP) is designed to develop your piloting skills under supervision operating B200 aircraft on clinic operations initially. Once cleared to line on clinic operations the RFDS provide additional training to develop you as an aeromedical Pilot flying in rural, remote and regional areas throughout Queensland and surrounding States and Territories. Located in Mt Isa this RAMP Pilot role is a Full-time position.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is looking for enthusiastic pilots to join the Queensland team. We want pilots committed to helping make a real difference in the community. In return, we offer professional development to advance your career gaining experience on high performance multiengine turbo prop aircraft.
Our Pilots play a vital role at the forefront of aeromedical aviation in providing dedicated aeromedical and primary health care services to regional and outback Queensland.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
RFDS Queensland uses a fleet of modern pressurised Beechcraft B200 and B350/B360 high-performance turboprop aircraft to deliver services. The flying is diverse, ranging from operating in remote parts of the country to flying an instrument approach into a major International Airport. We flew 7,743,604 kilometres, moving 11,442 patients on primary evacuation and inter-hospital transfer services in the past year.
Do you think that you have what it takes to be the next RFDS RAMP pilot? Apply now!
You will be:
- Gaining experience to develop into an RFDS Aeromedical or PHC Pilot
- Benefiting from a unique lifestyle only found when enjoying outback Queensland, while also putting your skillset to the test and help those in need throughout rural and remote communities
- Starting your RFDS career at our Mt Isa Base
- Working in a diverse and demanding environment on time-critical tasks
- Forming part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team working with some of Australia’s finest health professionals
- Experiencing flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- Operating modern high-performance pressurised turboprop aircraft in a single Pilot environment
- Enjoying the rewards of providing a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate-
Why Join Us?
In return for your skills, enthusiasm and commitment to our mission, we offer you the unique opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and play your part towards helping others. Everyday you’ll work with passionate and dedicated individuals who are proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation and embody our mission—the furthest corner, the finest care.
Along with this, the RFDS also offers an attractive, above award remuneration including remote area incentives for eligible areas. We offer 6 weeks Annual Leave, with a retention bonus of 4% after just 2 years of service. Based in Mt Isa they are entitled to our Gratuity of $3,492 after 12 months and $5,238 after 2 years. Additionally, Rent/Mortgage Assistance of up to $9,000 is available. There are also Refuelling allowances of $858 per annum in Mt Isa.
Who are we looking for?
The RFDS in Queensland is looking for confident and capable team players to fly our essential services in the bush. You will also have:
- Current Instrument Rating- Multi Engine Aircraft
- Current Australian ATPL / CPL and class 1 medical in Single Pilot Operations
- Turbine and Night experience
- Australian Citizenship, Residency or approved work Visa
- Ability to obtain and hold a Blue Card
- An Australian Command Multi Engine Instrument Rating, or military equivalent
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive environment
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide best-practice procedures.
Please submit an online application or please contact Lachlan Otto on 0408 520 532 for more information.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities and manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
As a condition of employment, candidates will need to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and provide proof of vaccinations or immunity against vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles, mumps, rubella, whopping cough, chicken pox, and hepatitis (A and B).