Primary Health Care Nurse and Midwife
Primary Health Care Nurse and Midwife
Deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services to people in remote, rural and regional QLD. Join the proud and passionate RFDS team.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Provide the finest care in the furthest corner!
- Part-time role- maintain your work/life balance with 9 shifts per month
- GREAT BENEFITS! Salary + Super + Packaging + Rent/Mortgage assistance
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland Section) is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Primary Health Care Nurse to join RFDS Mount Isa Base. This role is a permanent, part-time opportunity (0.6 FTE) and comes with a relocation allowance in addition to remote area allowances. This role is 9 shifts per month.
The RFDS is committed to providing excellence in and access to Primary Health Care (PHC) and Aeromedical services across QLD. With our vision, we aim to improve the health of people in remote, rural and regional QLD. PHC is now one of our most vital services, accounting for up two-thirds of our daily operations, as prevention is essential to improved health outcomes for those living in the bush.
We are looking for a PHC Nurse who is passionate about the critical role they play in keeping people healthy, providing proactive care and promoting good health. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in communities where, in some cases, RFDS is the only provider of healthcare. Whether you fly down to Urandangi or Boulia, or up to Gregory and Burketown, your days will never be the same. Whilst in the communities you will deliver comprehensive primary healthcare services including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services
- Child and family health services
- Women’s health services
- Chronic disease care and support
- Health Promotion and Health education activities
- A Respectful understanding of cultural diversity including traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander views of health
You will naturally be a confident Nurse skilled in working autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will display empathy, and understanding and be adept at problem-solving you will have;
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse and Midwife
- 4 years' full-time equivalent (FTE) post-graduate experience
- Immunisation endorsement
- Rural and Isolated Practice (Scheduled Medicines) endorsement (RIPRN)
- Demonstrated experience in Rural and Remote Nursing and provision of health services to Indigenous communities
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained after starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal advanced resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs
- We offer an attractive base salary of 119K (FTE)
- You will be entitled to the Remote Area Package: Weekly Rent/ Mortgage Assistance $173 per week (FTE) + Gratuity. Please note- gratuity is paid after 12 months of employment.
- We offer additional Salary packaging of up to $18,500- increasing your take-home pay
- We support professional development with 12 days (pro-rata) paid study leave
- We provide five weeks of annual leave
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
- Access to a full allocation of a newly launched uniform range at no cost
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment at 07 3852 7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to also contact Nurse Manager- Fiona Liddle on 07 4743 2800 or at FLiddle@rfdsqld.com.au
Successful candidates will be subject to a police check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Before the appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process and may need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.