B1 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME)
B1 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME)
Join RFDS as a B1 LAME and ensure safe & compliant operational performance of the RFDS Fleet in service of the people of Queensland.
- Casual Brisbane Base role- Maintain your work life balance
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team!
Reporting to the Base Maintenance Manager, the B1 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) is responsible for supporting the 24/7 RFDS Queensland operation by ensuring all base and line associated aircraft scheduled maintenance and fleet AOG defects are covered state wide in peak periods. This role is essential to RFDS Queensland meeting expected “on time performance” (OTP) with minimal impact to aircraft shift availability due to technical defects. This will help minimise Direct Maintenance Costs (DMCs) and ensure safe, compliant operational performance of the RFDS Fleet in service of the people of Queensland.
- Brisbane Based with some travel to assist at other RFDS bases
- Permanent Casual
- B2 LAME are welcome to apply!
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Conduct weekly scheduled aircraft base maintenance checks of aircraft in a timely manner and without impact to aircraft network availability
- Conduct troubleshooting and rectification of any line defects arising daily in the course of flight operations for all aircraft at base and those transiting on tasking
- Availability for AOG call out after hours for fleet defect rectification Queensland wide.
- Availability to support other base locations (minimal)
- Manage Aircraft inventory including; parts, store, database and compliance with storage conditions set out in MOE
- Ensure compliant management, storage and usage of tooling and GSE
- Contributes to business improvement/quality programs and enterprise risk management activities
- Compliance with all Occupational, Health, Safety & Welfare policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years aircraft maintenance experience
- Proven experience with Turboprops engines specific to RFDS QLD aircraft Types
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to pick up new computer applications.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in relation to Aircraft Maintenance
- Maintenance control experience
- Supply chain management experience
- Competitive Salary (with the consideration of experience) + Salary packaging of $18, 550; increasing your take home pay
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service team
- Be an integral team member by supporting Queenslanders and making a real impact to healthcare in Queensland
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Comprehensive and supportive orientation program
- Employee Assistance Program Advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
- Private health insurance discounts
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities.
If this role sounds like it could be the right fit for you, we would love for you to join us! Please apply to be considered or feel free to contact Lachlan Otto on 0408 520 532 for more information.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities and manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
Please note: This role may be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history and may be required to undergo a preemployment medical assessment. There may be a requirement to travel in QLD for this role and work out of hours maybe required to respond to unscheduled outages and major incidents affecting critical systems.