Nurse Practitioner and Midwife
Nurse Practitioner and Midwife
Manage low acuity presentations & chronic diseases, provide prenatal & antenatal care, child health, immunisations, & preventive health care.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Permanent, full-time role of 16 shifts per month
- Tax-free benefits of up to $18,550 + Relocation + weekly Remote Area allowances
- Become part of a friendly, welcoming team with a sense of pride and passion
The RFDS Charleville Base is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner and Midwife to join the team and deliver primary health care across a wide range of presentations to remote communities in Western Queensland.
You are highly motivated, can work independently with minimal supervision, and can effectively collaborate across disciplines. You demonstrate excellent communication skills, innovation, and resourcefulness and provide genuine care to your patients. In addition, you will meet the following specific criteria:
- Registered with AHPRA as a Nurse Practitioner and Midwife
- 5 + years post-graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Respect for cultural diversity, including traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander views on health
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS2)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
- Immunisation Endorsement with Queensland Health
We are offering a permanent, full-time role of 16 shifts per 28-day roster period.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) are leaders in improving the health of people in remote, rural and regional Queensland. As we head toward our 100th year of providing services, we are focused on providing safe, high-quality clinical care.
RFDS Charleville Base provides aeromedical retrievals, inter-facility transfers and primary health care services. As a Nurse Practitioner, your day could involve flying to primary health care clinics in Yowah, Thargomindah, Windorah, Birdsville and other communities in western Queensland that we serve. Nurse Practitioners in this role have a wide range of clinical responsibilities, including managing low acuity presentations, managing chronic diseases, providing prenatal and antenatal care, child health, immunisations, and the provision of preventive health care across all age groups. Your extensive primary healthcare skills and knowledge will be put to use in the friendly and welcoming communities where you will work.
Why join RFDS Charleville Base?
In outback Queensland, the locals are friendly and warm, so you will feel right at home when you join the team. In your free time, you will discover beautiful experiences close to home, and if you feel adventurous, there are wonders nearby that are just waiting to be discovered. Taking a walk along the Warrego River, watching wildlife, and star gazing at the amazing night skies are just some of the things to do in Charleville. The southwest pocket offers adventure beyond Charleville - hike Carnarvon Gorge, attend Australia's biggest cattle auction in Roma or soak in a mineral-rich artesian mud bath in Eulo.
In addition, to an idyllic community to settle in you will be a specialist in our exceptional frontline team. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference in people’s everyday lives by delivering vital health care. By joining the RFDS (Queensland Section), you will have access to the following:
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Generous base salary of 136K + superannuation
- Access to generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- Remote Area Allowances (Rent Assistance $125 p/w + Gratuity)
- Relocation Allowances
- Extensive orientation program
- Commitment to your professional development- with paid study leave!
- Additional company superannuation contribution program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service team
If you would like any further information, please contact Talent Acquisition on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3852 7553. Alternatively, please call our Nurse Manager– Aeromedical and Primary Health Care Jo Mahony on 0428 412 653.
Successful candidates will be subject to Police Checks and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Prior to the appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are a successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications for this role close on the 21st of October 2022 however, shortlisting and screening processes may begin before this date.