Provide dental care to rural & remote areas of Queensland. Services range from preventative care through to extractions. New adventure every fortnight
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Experience spectacular outback QLD while making a difference to communities
- High Daily Rate + Packaging+ Daily Allowances (Meals & Accommodation)
- Casual opportunity- with 2 weeks of work at a time keep your work/life balance!
The RFDS’s Dental Service facilitates access to dental care for rural and remote areas of Queensland with limited or no access to oral health services. The Mobile Dental Unit (MDU) is an 18-wheel semitrailer housing two state-of-the-art dental surgeries, servicing upwards of 70 patients per week, with the capacity to offer a range of services varying from a preventive check and cleans through to extraction with the aid of our onboard orthopantomogram or OPG unit. This service not only addresses the immediate need for dental care within QLD communities, but also works towards improving overall health in these regions by providing regular ongoing service.
The MDU is staffed by RFDS Dentists and Dental assistants who have a passion for delivering quality oral health services in rural and remote Queensland.
The role of the Dentist within the RFDS is to work closely with the Dental Assistants to ensure safe and efficient delivery of oral health services. The Dentist will support the Principal Dentist and Program Manager and be up to date with any changes to the ADA Guidelines and Australian Infection Control Standards.
The Dentist is a Casual position which is FIFO from Brisbane.
Duties will include:
- Undertake comprehensive oral examinations + complete quality, evidence based general dental treatment
- Provide oral health promotion and education on an individual patient basis or within a group setting as required
- Monitor general infection control
- Work within the RFDS Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that any maintenance of mobile dental unit equipment is reported when required
- Maintain the RFDS Values and Team Charter
- Work with the dental team to achieve community based KPI’s
To be successful in this role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. With a sense of adventure, you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the MDU. We would highly value staff that are available at short notice.
You will also have:
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Dentist
- Preferably a minimum of four year’s post graduate experience in a general dental practice
- Current Queensland Health Radiography Licence (extra-oral & intra-oral)
- Proven clinical skills in managing a broad range of oral health issues
- Experience in utilising a clinical patient records system such as Titanium
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Australian Drivers Licence
- Availability to travel to various locations, throughout Queensland
- Fly in and Fly out from Brisbane
Your contribution will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary + Super + Salary packaging of $18,500; increasing your take home pay
- Duty Allowances - Travel Allowance + Onsite Accommodation and reasonable use of a company vehicle
- Comprehensive orientation and training from our supportive, highly skilled and multidisciplinary team.
Many people living in rural and remote communities have limited, if any, access to dental services and are required to travel extensively for dental treatment. For over four years the RFDS has been delivering a mobile dental clinic throughout rural Queensland.
The RFDS Dental Service is a fully equipped mobile dental surgery featuring state-of-the-art equipment, including an OPG machine. It is staffed by qualified dentists and dental assistants who provide a wide range of services direct from the mobile unit, including:
- Comprehensive dental treatment; including preventive treatment.
- General restorative treatment, extractions, and removal of pain.
- Treatment for acute or pre-existing conditions
- Referral to external specialist dental services
For further information regarding this role please contact RFDS Talent Acquisition Advisor Lachlan Otto on 0408 520 532 or email@example.com.
This role will close on the 7th October 2022, progression on applications and shortlisting may begin prior to this date.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history and may be required to undergo a preemployment medical assessment. There may be a requirement to travel in QLD for this role and work out of hours maybe required to respond to unscheduled outages and major incidents affecting critical systems.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.