Mental Health Clinician
Mental Health Clinician
Engage, assess, and coordinate care for young people aged 12-25. Join the team at headspace Cairns
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Full-time, maximum-term contract in our Cairns location
- Be supported in a diverse, flexible work environment
- Work with a highly experienced and skilled multi-disciplinary team
headspace Cairns is looking for a dedicated Mental Health Clinician who is passionate about making a difference in the health and wellbeing of young people.
You would describe yourself as having strong values around care, service, and a great ability to build relationships with those around you. In addition to being a skilled clinician, you are enthusiastic about using and further developing your skills, and you will have the following:
- Current AHPRA or AASW professional registration (Provisional Psychologists are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in mental health assessment and coordination of access to appropriate services
- Experience in the provision of mental health services to young people, and their families
- Knowledge of contemporary evidence-based therapeutic interventions
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Skills in engaging with young people and advocating on their behalf
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a tertiary qualification in Psychology, Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work from a recognised tertiary institution.
As a Mental Health Clinician, you will focus on Access and Care Coordination to ensure young people have easy access to appropriate care. Your role will be to engage, assess, and coordinate care for young people aged 12-25 and their families and friends who contact headspace Cairns.
You will determine an appropriate service provision pathway to ensure young people receive seamless, coordinated, high-quality, youth-friendly services. As part of your role, you will also provide young people with evidence-based mental health interventions.
This appointment is a full-time, maximum-term contract until June 30, 2023.
Under the direction of RFDS (Queensland Section), headspace Cairns is an innovative youth service that offers primary and mental health care, alcohol and drug services, social education, and vocational training to young people between the ages of 12 and 25.
In the area of youth mental health, headspace has helped thousands of young Australians by:
- Giving young Australians and their families to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people, families and the broader community about how to get help
Working at headspace, you’ll be supported in a diverse, flexible work environment that encourages professional development and structured clinical support. You will also have access to;
- A supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Base salary rewarding your experience and qualifications + Superannuation
- Access to generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- Extensive orientation program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
If you would like any further information, please contact Talent Acquisition at or call 07 3852 7553. Alternatively, please call Gabrielle Gill on 07 4051 3649 or email@example.com
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Check and candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence. Before the appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases. You will also be required to complete a credentialing process. Professionals who are not registered with AHPRA will need to provide a Blue Card suitable for employment.
headspace and RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are a successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
headspace and the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland) are passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications for this role close on the 6th of September 2022 however, shortlisting and screening processes may begin before this date (so please don’t delay in applying)