Flight Nurse (Midwifery)- Mount Isa
Flight Nurse (Midwifery)- Mount Isa
Provide emergency retrieval services, patient transfers and deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities in North West QLD.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Join a proud and passionate team improving the health of the people of QLD
- Permanent, full time role with relocation and remote area allowances available
- Supportive orientation program & ongoing commitment to professional development
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland Section) is seeking a skilled and passionate Registered Nurse and Midwife to join the RFDS Mount Isa Base. This role is a permanent, full-time opportunity and comes with a relocation allowance in addition to remote area allowances.
RFDS Mount Isa Base is a busy aeromedical base completing inter-hospital transfers, aeromedical retrievals, and primary health care throughout North West Queensland.
Mount Isa is an ‘oasis of the outback’ with ample places to fish, camp or relax and enjoy an outback sunset. The rugged terrain is a four-wheel driver’s haven perfect for adventures on your days off to Lawn Hill Gorge in Boodjamulla National Park and world heritage-listed Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
- Provide emergency retrieval services
- Provide regular transfers of patients
- Deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities
- Support and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Support and promote child and family health
- Support and promote women's health and health services
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse and Midwife
- 5 years' full-time equivalent (FTE) post-graduate experience
- 3 years FTE in a critical care environment in the last 7 years (e.g.- 24-hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained after starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- Work with a supportive team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- We offer an attractive Base Salary
- We provide a Relocation Allowance to assist you in travelling and moving to Mount Isa
- You will be entitled to the Remote Area Package: Weekly Rent/ Mortgage Assistance + Gratuity. Please note- gratuity is paid after 12 months of employment.
- We offer additional Salary Packaging of up to $18,500- increasing your take-home pay
- We support professional development with paid study leave
- We provide six weeks of annual leave
- Additional company superannuation contribution program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Novated leasing available
- Access to a full allocation of a newly launched uniform range at no cost
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment on 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com . Please feel free to also contact Nurse Manager Fiona Liddle on 07 4743 2800 or at FLiddle@rfdsqld.com.au
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in your resume: job title, dates of employment, nature of the role- full-time, part-time, or casual and display your FTE, department you worked in and a brief description. This will allow us to establish your critical care experience.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Check and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Prior to appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process and may need to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.