Operations Control Centre - Duty Manager
Operations Control Centre - Duty Manager
The Operations Control Centre - Duty Manager is tasked with ensuring the safe and efficient use of all RFDS assets and crews!
- Transport / Logistics / Drivers
- Permanent / Full Time
- Attractive salary + superannuation + salary packaging of up to $18,550
- We invite you to join the RFDS as we grow into the future
- Maintain your work/life balance with flexibility
The Operations Control Centre (OCC) Duty Manager (DM) is newly expanded role that is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient use of all RFDS (Queensland Section) assets and crews; managing constraints, risks and opportunities for effective asset deployment. The Duty Manager leads the OCC team to ensure a consistent and high level of support is provided to all frontline aeromedical crew.
The OCC Duty Manager is a Full-Time position based at the RFDS Brisbane Base.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide oversight, guidance and support to the team operating within the OCC.
- Provide solutions to complex operational matters.
- Develop and maintain OCC services, determining user requirements and improving organisational use of technology to deliver beneficial outcomes to our aeromedical crew and patients.
- Provide support to OCC users, develop procedures and processes, and provide training to OCC staff.
- Provide real time KPI data to the executive management team.
- Under delegation of the HOFO, ensure RFDS operational control is established and maintained in accordance with all aviation regulations and RFDS policies.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of employees
- Experience in a complex operational coordination environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience engaging with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of operational considerations pertaining to aviation operations
- Sound knowledge of CASA regulatory requirements and applicable RFDS policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work out of hours and shift work if required
- Competitive salary + Super + Salary packaging of $18,500; increasing your take home pay
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service team
- Be an integral team member by supporting those who make a real impact to healthcare in Queensland
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Comprehensive and supportive orientation program
- Employee Assistance Program Advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
- Private health insurance discounts.
The RFDS is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS Queensland Section delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities.
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience highlighting your suitability for this opportunity. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org this role will close on 7th July 2022.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history and may be required to undergo a preemployment medical assessment. There may be a requirement to travel in QLD for this role and work out of hours maybe required to respond to unscheduled outages and major incidents affecting critical systems.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.