Clinical Safety and Quality Officer
Clinical Safety and Quality Officer
In this diverse role, working within a close-knit team, you'll help us make a real difference to people's lives and to the future of our organisation!
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Maintain your work/life balance with flexibility
- Attractive salary + superannuation + salary packaging of up to $18,550
- Full Time Permanent based in Brisbane!
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) in Queensland provides excellence in, and access to, primary health care and aeromedical services across Queensland. The RFDS is looking to the future in setting new benchmarks in service delivery, achieve excellence in safety and quality assurance, and celebrate best practise in all that we do.
The RFDS Clinical Governance Team have an opportunity for a Clinical Safety and Quality Officer in a permanent, full time capacity based in Brisbane. The Clinical Safety and Quality Officer will support the Clinical Governance Manager in the delivery and operationalisation of the Clinical Governance Framework.
The Clinical Safety & Quality Officer provides an advanced level of autonomous clinical and professional decision-making liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to contribute to and support the provision of Clinical Governance within the organisation.
- Promote a safe and just culture that supports reporting of clinical incidents
- Organises and coordinates safety, quality, and clinical risk activities
- Coordinates and maintains the clinical risk management and clinical incident management processes
- Compiles and maintains safety and quality reports
- Leads quality programs including health service standards accreditation
- Develops and maintains the clinical governance audit schedule
- Maintains associated RFDS clinical governance systems and databases
- Support the consumer liaison service and associated functions
Who we are looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have-
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- 5 years Clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience in a patient safety or clinical leadership role
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to achieve outcomes autonomously
- Intermediate to high level computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to learn organisational systems and databases
- Knowledge of and experience with internal auditing or ability to acquire this knowledge
- Familiarity or experience with health service standards and accreditation
We value our people, and we are passionate about making a difference for people who live, work and travel in remote, rural, and regional Australia. By joining the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section), you will have access to the following:
- Work with a great team of people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Competitive base salary + superannuation
- Access to generous not-for-profit tax-free benefits of up to $18,550
- Additional company superannuation contribution program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program including counselling, nutrition sessions, financial sessions, and legal advice
- Private health insurance discounts
- Opportunity to travel and support our teams in beautiful rural and remote locations
- Diversifying your skillset working across- Primary Health Care, Mental Health, Aeromedical and Dental teams
- Create change with senior clinicians and an engaged medical leadership team
- Enjoying flexibility ad autonomy to further develop best practise for the RFDS
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service team
For further information regarding this role please contact RFDS Talent Acquisition Advisor Lachlan Otto on 0408 520 532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will close on the 7th July 2022, progression on applications and shortlisting may begin prior to this date.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) (Queensland) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history and may be required to undergo a preemployment medical assessment. There may be a requirement to travel in QLD for this role and work out of hours maybe required to respond to unscheduled outages and major incidents affecting critical systems.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.