Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Mount Isa
Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Mount Isa
Want a Change ?? Diversify your Critical Care and Midwifery skills and take to the skies with RFDS (Queensland Section)!
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Permanent, full time position
- Mount Isa location (Relocation assistance provided)
- Join a proud and passionate team improving the health of the people of QLD
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) is seeking a skilled and passionate Registered Nurse and Midwife to be a part of the RFDS Mount Isa Base. This role is a unique full time, permanent opportunity with the addition of relocation assistance (if required).
RFDS Mount Isa is a busy aeromedical base completing inter-hospital transfers, aeromedical retrievals, and primary health care throughout North West Queensland.
Mount Isa is an ‘oasis of the outback’ with ample places to fish, camp or relax and enjoy an outback sunset. The rugged terrain is a four-wheel-driver’s haven perfect for adventures on your days off to Lawn Hill Gorge in Boodjamulla National Park and world heritage listed Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
- Provide emergency retrieval services
- Provide regular transfers of patients
- Deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities
- Support and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Support and promote child and family health
- Support and promote women's health and health services
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse and Midwife
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years in a critical care environment in the last 7 years (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained after to starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- We offer an attractive base salary
- We provide Relocation Assistance
- Remote Area Package- Rental/Mortgage Assistance + Gratuity
- We offer additional Salary packaging of up to $15 900- increasing your take home pay
- We support professional development with 12 days paid study leave
- We provide six weeks annual leave
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Employee assistance program for staff and families
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Liddle on 07 4743 2800 or FLiddle@rfdsqld.com.au
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in resume: job title, start date, Department, brief description, nature of role -Full-time, part-time or casual or display your FTE. This allows us to establish your critical care experience.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Check and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process and may need to undergo a preemployment medical assessment.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.