Medical Officers- Aeromedical
Medical Officers- Aeromedical
RFDS is looking for skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in Aeromedical retrieval medicine!
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Practitioner
- Provide emergency retrievals and inter-facility transfers
- FIFO- Part-time & Full-time roles available
- Charleville or Mount Isa location
RFDS (Queensland Section) is seeking doctors to work in Aeromedical Retrieval to improve the health of people in regional, rural and remote Queensland.
The RFDS in Queensland are leaders in providing access to both aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural, and regional locations.
Although we have traditionally employed doctors who were able to work across both aeromedical and primary health care, we are currently looking for doctors who have a specific interest in a career in aeromedical retrieval and telehealth.
Who are we looking for?
Medical Officers to work in Aeromedical Retrieval in QLD. To be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with AHPRA as Medical Practitioner
- Fellowship of ACEM, RACGP, ACRRM, ANZCA or CICM (Senior Registrars are encouraged to apply)
- Sufficient experience in critical care medicine to meet credentialing requirements with QLD Health (Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Intensive Care and Paediatrics).
- Previous experience in Aeromedical Retrieval is ideal but is not a requirement.
About the role;
- Cairns, Charleville or Mount Isa locations
- Fly in and Fly out options available (Charleville or Mount Isa)
- Full time or part time positions available (travel time to Charleville or Mount Isa are included in shift count)
- 6-month maximum term contracts initially
- Work as part of the RFDS multi-disciplinary team with a RFDS Flight Nurse & Pilot to perform primary evacuations and inter-facility transfers
- Liaise with Retrieval Services Queensland (RSQ), Duty Tasking Officers and referring/receiving facilities to coordinate aeromedical retrievals.
- Conduct handovers to care providers
- Provide telehealth consultations (utilising telephone, videoconference, email)
- Provide advice to nurses and other health professionals- as required
- Participate in quality improvement activities such as clinical audits and case reviews
Why Join us?
With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in regional and outback Queensland you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition, we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package- rewarding additional qualifications and experience
- Salary packaging + Super (in addition to remuneration package)
- Flights and Accommodation + FIFO Allowances OR
- Relocation allowances + Remote area allowances + Gratuity (for live in)
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation, training and development programs
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Commitment to support your own professional development- paid study leave + annual education provision
- Employee Assistance Program Advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on: 07 3852 7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health and RSQ for the purposes of assessing suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients and these communities, as well as to manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.