Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Cairns
Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Cairns
Provide emergency retrieval services, patient transfers and deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Supportive team, extensive training and development opportunities
- Deliver the finest care to the furthest corner in rural and remote Queensland
- Full Time contract of 12 months (Mat leave) | Cairns Location
RFDS Queensland Section are looking for a dedicated, confident, experienced and passionate Registered Nurse and Midwife to be a part of our iconic Cairns Flight Nurse team.
- Maximum Term, Full Time- 12 months (Mat leave) contract
- Located in Cairns
- Provide emergency retrieval services
- Provide regular transfers of patients
- Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in a critical care environment in the last years (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained prior to starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- We offer attractive Base Salary
- We offer additional Salary packaging of up to $15 900- increasing your take home pay
- We provide relocation assistance (where applicable)
- We support professional development with 12 days paid study leave
- We provide Six weeks Annual leave
RFDS Cairns Base is the largest and one of the longest serving bases in the RFDS network. Services provided from RFDS Cairns Base include remote medical consultations, aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, Indigenous health, mental health, women's health and health promotion.
Cairns is situated in tropical north Queensland surrounded by the Great Barrier Reef and stunning World Heritage Rainforests. You will be surrounded by mountains, beaches, wetlands with endless places to explore in this diverse location. Make your sea change! Work with a truly dedicated, passionate and caring team providing the finest care to those who need it the most.
For further information regarding this role please contact Leanne Hill, Manager - Clinical and Base Operations on 07 4040 0444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or please email@example.com
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in resume: Job title, Start date, Department, Brief description, Nature of Role -Full-time, part-time or casual. This allows us to establish your full time equivalent.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks, medical assessment (if applicable) and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card.
You will be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.