Primary Health Nurse
Primary Health Nurse
The RFDS (South Eastern Section) is now looking for a suitably experienced Registered Nurse to join their Primary Health team in Broken Hill.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Generous Salary Packaging
- Iconic Organisation
- Based in Broken Hill
Primary Health Nurse (Broken Hill)
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. From its Broken Hill Base the RFDS South Eastern Section provides emergency retrievals, inter-hospital transport, comprehensive primary health clinics at 17 different sites with GPs, Nurses, Aboriginal Health, Mental Health, Dental services, Traditional Fly Clinics, Primary Health Mobile Clinics - Nurse Lead, Respiratory Clinics, General Practice, medical chests and telehealth consultations to those living and travelling in far-west NSW, south-west Queensland and northern South Australia. The Section also works in partnership with local health services to implement primary health care in the communities served by the Section.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (South Eastern Section) is now looking for a suitably experienced Registered Nurse to join their Primary Health team at Broken Hill. The ideal candidate for this position should reflect a strong skillset as detailed under Skills Required. Consideration will be viewed for candidates currently in the process of obtaining or willingness to obtain skillsets required for position.
This Full Time position will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing Comprehensive Primary Health care in Broken Hill and throughout rural and remote NSW, SW Queensland and northern South Australia. The role encompasses clinical, quality and educational services across the age spectrum. This position will work across a variety of programs including Traditional Fly Clinics, Primary Health Mobile Clinics, Respiratory Clinics – Broken Hill Based and Remote, and the Clive Bishop Medical Centre general practice.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Significant experience working in community and clinic based Primary Health settings in rural and remote areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Primary Health Care including Chronic Disease Management, Child and Family Health, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Health promotion, Early Intervention.
- Experience in venepuncture, cannulation, ECGs, spirometry, ear syringing.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems, preferably Medical Director or Best Practice.
- Registered Nurse with non-conditional APHRA registration
- Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health
- Nurse Immuniser Certificate
- Basic Life Support Certification (within past 12 months)
- Advanced Life Support – or willingness to obtain same
- Family Planning training in Cervical Screening Tests (or willingness to obtain same)
- Excellent computer literacy, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations, either by aircraft or road, including occasional overnight stays.
To apply: Forward your cover letter and CV along with copies of your qualifications and details of two referees.
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer