Medical Officer FIFO- Mount Isa
Medical Officer FIFO- Mount Isa
RFDS is looking for skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in Aeromedical retrieval and Primary Health Care !
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Specialist
- Permanent / Full Time
- Fly In and Fly out of Mount Isa
- Permanent Part Time
- Join the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service ( Queensland Section) !
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) has an opportunity for a skilled Medical Officer to join our team in Mount Isa. RFDS Mount Isa Base provides remote medical consultations, aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, indigenous health, mental health and health promotion.
- FIFO Part Time Position 0.50 FTE 8 shifts per four-week roster period
- Live in options available
- Aeromedical, Telehealth and Primary Health Care
Your role could vary from emergency aeromedical retrievals to a remote clinic overlooking the rugged landscape of outback Queensland.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with AHPRA as medical practitioner
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- Fellowship of either RACGP or ACRRM
- Emergency experience > 6 months
- Anaesthesia experience > 6 months
- Intensive Care experience > 6 months
- General Practice or Primary Health Care > 6 months
- Paediatrics or basic obstetric experience
Why join us?
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives delivering vital care in emergency situations and primary healthcare settings.
The RFDS Mount Isa Base services people living, working and travelling from the Gulf of Carpentaria in the north, the Northern Territory border in the west, Hughenden in the east and Bedourie in the south.
In addition, we offer;
- Attractive remuneration package + Salary Sacrificing benefits + Super
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Remote Area allowances
- Commitment to support your professional development inc. allowance and study leave days
- Comprehensive orientation program
Interested? To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on : 07 3852 7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health for the purposes of suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS Scope of clinical practice . Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply