Medical Officer - Mount Isa
Medical Officer - Mount Isa
RFDS is looking for skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in Aeromedical retrieval and Primary Health Care !
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Specialist
- Permanent / Full Time
- Mount Isa-Location with relocation and remote allowances included
- Full Time role available or FIFO options available
- Join the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service ( Queensland Section) !
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service a is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS (Queensland Section) delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
- Full Time Position Mount Isa (Live In)
- FIFO options available
- Primary Health Care and Aeromedical retrieval
Your role could vary from emergency aeromedical retrievals to a remote clinic overlooking the rugged landscape of outback Queensland.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation, and to the people of Queensland.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you will face a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to the health and wellbeing of rural/remote Queenslanders. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, you will have a work and life experience like no other.
Your contribution will be rewarded with attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements, remote allowances, relocation assistance, a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing professional development support.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with AHPRA as medical practitioner
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- 6 months experience in Intensive Care
- 6 months experience in anaesthesia
- 6 months experience in paediatrics
- 6 months experience in emergency medicine
- Basic obstetric experience
There are three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland Section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial and KPI-driven environment.
Interested? To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on : 07 3852 7553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health for the purposes of suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.