Medical Officer - Cairns
Medical Officer - Cairns
RFDS is looking for skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in Aeromedical retrieval and Primary Health Care !
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Specialist
- Permanent / Full Time
- Tropical Far North Queensland Role - Cairns location
- Full Time or Part Time roles available
- Join the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service ( Queensland Section) !
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) has an opportunity for a skilled Medical Officer to join our team in Cairns. RFDS Cairns Base is the largest and one of the longest serving bases in the RFDS network. RFDS Cairns Base provides remote medical consultations, aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, Indigenous health, mental health, women's health and health promotion services.
- Fulltime Position covering Aeromedical and Primary Health Care (fractional FTE can be considered)
- Part time options available for Aeromedical role
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Registration with AHPRA as medical practitioner
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience
- 6 months experience in Intensive Care
- 6 months experience in anaesthesia
- 6 months experience in paediatrics
- 6 months experience in emergency medicine
- Basic obstetric experience (Desirable)
Why Join us?
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations and primary healthcare settings. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in beautiful Tropical North Queensland you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition, we offer;
- Attractive remuneration package + Salary sacrificing benefits + Super
- Relocation assistance
- Commitment to support your professional development
- Comprehensive orientation program
To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on : 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health for the purposes of assessing suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.