Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Showcase your critical care & Midwifery skills and become a Flight Nurse & deliver essential services & 24-hr emergency care with our aeromedical team
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Join our specialist front-line team & work for an iconic organisation
- Comprehensive orientation & ongoing training with development opportunities
- Providing services across the state
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably skilled and qualified nurses to work as nursing network support across the state on a casual basis. As a network support Flight Nurse you would need to be available to be away for periods of time involving overnight stays at other base locations to relieve where necessary. The role will preferably be based from Brisbane RFDS Base but other locations will be considered where feasible. The services provided from each base range from inter-hospital transfers to aeromedical and emergency response in remote areas.
About the role;
- Casual role
- Work across QLD – experience exciting different working locations
Who we are looking for?
Experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals.
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (FTE)
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a critical care environment (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised ICU).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
- Flexibility and availability for overnight intra state deployments
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained prior to starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture
- Motivated to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Why join us?
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland you’ll see work and life like never before. We also offer;
- Comprehensive orientation program provided prior to the commencement of duties.
- Extensive support from an experienced team
- Attractive remuneration package + not for profit salary sacrificing benefits
- Commitment to support your professional development
If you would like any further information, please contact the Nursing Workforce Office on (07) 3860 1127 or alternatively on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in resume: Job title, Start date, Department, Brief description, Nature of Role -Full-time, part-time or casual. This allows us to establish your full time equivalent.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card.
You will be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting and screening processes may begin before the closing date .