Flight Nurse (Midwifery), Townsville
Flight Nurse (Midwifery), Townsville
Provide emergency retrieval services, patient transfers and deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Permanent / Full Time
- Join one of the world's largest & most comprehensive aeromedical organisations
- Use and develop your hard-earned skills and experience and make a difference
- Full time opportunities available
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bass, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About The Role:
- Full Time - maximum term Contract
- Townsville Base
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (QLD Section) is seeking a suitably skilled and qualified nurse for the role of Flight Nurse (Midwifery) at our Townsville Base. The services provided from this base range from inter-hospital transfers to aeromedical and emergency response in remote areas.
Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical team, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care on a daily basis, and enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to the team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a critical care environment (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section):
- Passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Going above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embracing the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition we offer;
- Extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- Attractive Base Salaries
- Salary packaging of up to $15 900- increasing your take home pay
- Professional development with 12 days paid study leave
- Six weeks Annual leave
For further information regarding this role please contact Priscilla Lange, Manager - Clinical and Base Operations on 07 4775 3111.
This role closes on the 21.10.2020 however, shortlisting may occur prior to this date.
Please note: As part of our process, we need to establish your full-time equivalent experience in a critical care environment. The following employment history information should be clearly documented in your CV:
- Job Title - Level
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Department, Facility, Location
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
- Nature of Roles: Full-time, part-time or casual. If part-time, provide full-time equivalent (FTE), e.g. FTE 0.25. If casual, how many shifts?
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting and screening processes may begin before the closing date.