Use your Practice Coordination experience to support our Primary Health Care team in this permanent full-time role based in Mount Isa
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Administration / Admissions
- Permanent / Full Time
- Join an iconic organisation delivering essential services
- Attractive remuneration package
- Be rewarded with our not-for-profit tax benefits
Reporting to the Manager- Clinical and Base Operations, the Practice Coordinator will support and foster efficient and effective primary health services, and facilitate access to health care to people living, travelling and working in rural and remote Queensland. This full-time role provides day to day support to the Mount Isa Primary Health Care team.
Duties will include;
- Providing efficient and effective support to health care practitioners
- Manage and coordinate electronic medical records
- Manage and coordinate patient bookings, designated follow ups and billing
- Provide patient / practitioner support with referrals
- Coordinate practice meetings with internal and external stakeholders
Who we are looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in Practice Management/ Coordination, possess excellent proficiency in using medical software, be customer focused and have a methodical work practise. You will also possess:
- Diploma of Practice Management or similar (desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare Benefits Schedule and Practice Incentives Program
- Exceptional planning, problem solving and organisational abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- Understanding of Medical Terminology
- Demonstrated practice of maintaining confidentiality
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment, and/or indigenous health
Why join us?
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. You will be provided with comprehensive orientation and training from our supportive, highly skilled and multidisciplinary team. In addition, as a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people and you are positively impacting your community.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
RFDS Mount Isa Base commenced operations in 1964 following relocation from Cloncurry. The services provided include remote medical consultations, aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, Indigenous health, mental health and health promotion.
For further information regarding this role please contact RFDS Talent Acquisition on 07 3852 7553 or email@example.com
This role will close on the 27th of November 2020, but shortlisting may begin prior to this date.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. This role may also require you to obtain a Blue Card prior to commencement.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.