Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Mount Isa
Flight Nurse (Midwifery) Mount Isa
Showcase your highly developed critical care and Midwifery skills and deliver care to people living and working in regional, rural and remote QLD !
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Nurse / Midwife
- Seeking EOI's from Registered Nurses ( Midwives) for Mount Isa location
- Supportive orientation | Remote allowances | Generous Base + Salary Packaging
- Part Time - FIFO or relocation - Great Work Life Balance
Expressions of interest are invited from Flight Nurses (Midwifery) for RFDS Mount Isa Base. The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is seeking Flight Nurses who are interested in permanent part time roles in either a FIFO arrangement (0.5 FTE) or with relocation offered (0.75 FTE).
The RFDS operates 20 aircraft from nine operational bases located throughout Queensland. We are looking for dedicated, confident, experienced and passionate Registered Nurses (Midwives) to be a part of our iconic Mount Isa team.
- Provide emergency retrieval services
- Provide regular transfers of patients
- Deliver essential health care services to rural and remote communities
- Support and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Support and promote child and family health
- Support and promote women's health and health services
RFDS Mount Isa is a busy aeromedical base primarily completing inter-hospital transfers and aeromedical retrievals throughout North West Queensland. Mount Isa is an ‘oasis of the outback’ with ample places to fish, camp or relax and enjoy an outback sunset. The rugged terrain is a four-wheel-driver’s haven perfect for adventures on your days off to Lawn Hill Gorge in Boodjamulla National Park and world heritage listed Riversleigh Fossil Fields.
- Registered Nurse and Midwifery AHPRA registration
- A minimum of 5 years' post graduate experience (full-time equivalent)
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a critical care environment (24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit).
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained prior to starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation programs prior to commencement
- We offer attractive Base Salaries
- We offer additional Salary packaging of up to $15 900- increasing your take home pay
- We provide relocation allowances (where applicable)
- We pay remote area allowances Yearly Gratitude + Rental and mortgage assistance (where applicable)
- We support professional development with 12 days paid study leave
- We provide Six weeks Annual leave
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Liddle on 07 4743 2800 or FLiddle@rfdsqld.com.au
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in resume: Job title, Start date, Department, Brief description, Nature of Role -Full-time, part-time or casual. This allows us to establish your full time equivalent.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card.
You will be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.