Senior Medical Officer (Aeromedical)
Senior Medical Officer (Aeromedical)
Provide day to day management of Aeromedical service delivery and provide care to people living and working in regional, rural and remote Queensland.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Medical Practitioner
- Permanent / Full Time
- Part Time or Full Time opportunity available- Choose your work life balance
- Permanent Position in Medical Leadership
- Join an iconic organisation delivering essential services
Expressions of interest are invited for the role of Senior Medical Officer (Aeromedical)- Cairns with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section). This is an opportunity to provide day to day management of Aeromedical service delivery at Cairns Base, with a strong focus on medical leadership and delivering care to people living and working in regional, rural and remote Queensland.
This role is being offered on a part-time (0.5 FTE) basis as a clinical management function OR on a full-time basis inclusive of clinical management and clinical operations.
- Understand and support the strategic and commercial objectives of the RFDS in Queensland
- Foster innovation, and provide opportunities for new ideas that improve service delivery
- Provide clinical leadership to Medical Officers at Cairns Base
- Provide clinical advice to Nurses and health workers utilising clinical management guidelines as endorsed
- Manage the Aeromedical services, service delivery and schedules for Cairns Base
- Contribute to business improvement/quality programs and enterprise risk management activities
Qualifications, Essential skills and experience
- Current specialist medical registration with AHPRA
- Fellowship with RACGP, ACRRM, ACEM, ANZCA or CICM
- Comprehensive knowledge of Aeromedical retrieval and emergency care, and its implementation/delivery within the rural/remote context
- Experience in delivering care in an Aeromedical environment
- Demonstrated experience leading, managing and motivating a team of medical professionals
- Experience in Indigenous or cross-cultural health care
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus super and salary packaging arrangements, comprehensive orientation program and ongoing professional development support.
RFDS Cairns Base is the largest and one of the longest serving bases in the RFDS network. Services provided from this Base include remote medical consultations, aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, Indigenous health, mental health, women's health and health promotion.
The RFDS operates 20 aircraft from nine operational bases located in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Charleville, Mount Isa, Longreach and Roma. The RFDS's emergency retrieval service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, delivering the finest care to more than 290,000 Australians each year, that's one person every two minutes.
The RFDS also delivers a broad range of essential health care services to rural and remote communities, including general practice, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, child and family health, social and emotional wellbeing, women's health and health promotion.
To discuss this role further please contact Dr Katie Clift on email@example.com .
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of the position description.
Please note applications for employment may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health. If requested you may be required to provide further evidence of Intensive Care and Anaesthetic experience by providing the organisation with procedural logbooks, training records or any other relevant documentation.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process.
Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
Applications close on the 4th December 2020 however; shortlisting may begin before this date.