Senior Mental Health Clinician
Senior Mental Health Clinician
Join headspace and provide support for young people through Suicide Response, DBT program, assessment and case co-ordination- Work with a leading NFP!
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Mental Health
- Permanent / Full Time
- Respond to mental health needs of young people
- Full time or part time opportunity available
- Work with headspace who are passionate about our purpose
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference to the lives of thousands of young Australians and their mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people, families and the broader community about how to get help
headspace Cairns (under the direction of the RFDS (Qld) Services Limited) is an innovative youth service, delivering primary and mental health, alcohol and drug services, social welfare and vocational services to young people aged 12-25 years.
We are seeking a Senior Mental Health Clinician to join our Cairns team and potentially work across programs including: Suicide Response, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy program and headspace assessment and case co-ordination functions. Where eligible, options also exist to engage in private practice.
This Senior Clinician will be responsive to urgent mental health needs of young people by robust clinical assessment and providing focused and relevant interventions.
This role is a unique opportunity to work in either a part-time or full-time capacity on a maximum term contract until June 2021 (with the possibility of extension) in our Cairns location.
Who we are looking for?
You will be qualified in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing (Mental Health), maintain registration with AHPRA or the AASW and have at least 5 years in a relevant clinical field including training and experience relevant to the roles.
Why work for us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on the Cairns community and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
- Attractive remuneration package of up to $99,000 depending on skills and experience
- Optional salary package of up to $15,900 to increase your take home pay
- Extensive and supportive training and development programs
- Opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and progressive team
- Be an integral team member and supporting those who make a real impact in our Cairns community
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
For further information please contact Gabrielle Gill, Manager - Headspace Cairns firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications close on the 1st December 2020
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
Non AHPRA registered professionals will need to obtain a Blue Card prior to commencement.
The Royal flying Doctor Service Queensland Section and headspace are committed to the principles of Equal Employment opportunities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.