Visitor Centres - South Eastern Section
The Bruce Langford Visitors Centre - Broken Hill
Come and visit the RFDS Visitor Centre, named after local benefactor the late Bruce Langford.
The Bruce Langford Visitor Centre combines a museum, theatre and shop, with interactive displays showing the history of the Service, as well as tributes to the doctors, pilots and flight nurses who work for us and the many community groups and benefactors who support us.
So visit us now and...
- Tour a working RFDS Base
- Enjoy a talk by our tour guide
- View the aircraft in the hangar
- Watch a unique film in our new 44 seat theatre
- Shop for special souvenirs
- Explore the new Mantle of Safety Museum
Today, Flynn's dream is a vibrant reality. In 2014 there are 22 Flying Doctor Bases and 63 aircraft around Australia.
The Broken Hill Base is unique because it is one of the only working RFDS bases, located at an airport, open to the public daily.
Visitors can tour the Base and explore the Mantle of Safety Museum which showcases over 80 years of remarkable outback history.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is a charitable organisation. We rely on the generosity of the community to continue our life-saving work.
All proceeds from admissions and merchandise sales go towards the purchase of new aircraft and vital medical equipment.
Open 7 days, Monday-Friday 9-5, Saturday-Sunday and public holidays 10- 3.
Closed Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Boxing Day and Australia Day.
Family (2 adults, 2 children under 12) $20.00
Concession holders / Groups 10+ $7.00
Groups 10+ booking required by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
RFDS, Bruce Langford Visitor Centre
Airport Road, Broken Hill, NSW, 2880.
Tel 08 8080 3714
RFDS Education Centre - Dubbo
Thanks to the fundraising efforts of the Dubbo Support Group and Rotary Club of Dubbo South the RFDS Education Centre opened at the RFDS Dubbo Base in 2011.
Visitors to the Base can:
- See the live saving work this Australian icon does for people who live, work and travel in remote Australia
- Hear how Reverend John Flynn visualised a "mantle of safety" over remote Australia more than 80 years ago
- Learn about the development and operations of the Dubbo Base and see RFDS history and memorabilia
- See real life medical footage of RFDS doctors, nurses and pilots doing their job
- Buy a Flying Doctor souvenir from the shop and help keep the Flying Doctor in the air
Open Tuesday to Saturday NSW School Holidays 10am to 4pm.
Easter Sunday and Sunday of June and October Long weekends 10am to 4pm.
Closed Good Friday, Anzac Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Admission $3.00 adults and $1.00 children (4 to 15 years)
Groups welcome but must be pre-booked. Enquiries to Terry on 0407 444 690 or Email.
Located off Cooreena Road on the northern side of the Dubbo Airport.